Friday, February 26, 2010

Darn rain! Trying to kill me again!

Weather apparently hates me everywhere.

So, essentially, I have a class in Okazaki, about 15-20 minutes away. It's pouring outside and windy, so I gear myself up for a somewhat bothersome drive, but don't really think about it.

Until I try to go the speed limit and some JERK decides "Hey, we're all blind, why don't I ride the tail of the car in front of me". This car he decides to tail gate is me, of course. when I finally get him off my tail, I'm happy but I can't see very well still. This is not helped by the fact that the stretch of road that I'm on has no street lights. So, it's raining, I'm blind and the street is pitch black.

That's when I hit the puddles of doom. Seriously. Remember how Japan has stairs of death? Their puddles are also death. The roads are pretty old so they accumulate these HUGE deep puddles that go way out into the street and sometimes you have to swerve into oncoming traffic to not be drowned in them. So I hit one of THESE puddles. The car feels like I've hit something and the water gushing over the windshield makes me wonder if I've somehow managed to drive into a lake. I go WAH! then calm down, right in time...to hit ANOTHER one. I hit three on the way to juku.

The drive back was better. The rain had let up a little in spots, but the wind was having a field day. I could actually feel the car rocking when I stopped at lights and the rain was blowing sideways. At least I had no one behind me most the way home.

I fear what a typhoon is going to be like....

2 comments:

  1. If there are fish in your car, you have driven into a lake. Leave the car immediately, killing as many fish as possible on your way out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheheh, for sure. Also, I've been getting lots of pictures of carp for you :P

    ReplyDelete