Friday, February 19, 2010

Ponderings

So, out of all my pictures, I only have Kyoto left to post on Facebook. and hopefully, I'll get that done before my next vacation, that will probably lead to MORE pictures that I'll have no time to post ^_^;;;

I'm thinking that I'm not posting as much here as I thought because, well, things in Japan just aren't as surprising to me. Maybe I studied enough, or got acclimated to all the parts I didn't know before but... I feel pretty much at home here. Even though my spoken Japanese SUCKS PANTS, I remember enough to get around. You know, in stores and such. I can't have an in depth conversation on, well, anything, but I can get around. I'm learning numbers a lot better, for one. But, even though I still get stares when I go out and even though I look different from most everyone here, I don't feel any more out of place than when I moved away to college, or lived in Madison. So yes. Things that seem normal in my eyes may be totally fascinating for some of you people, so I shall attempt to explain a few things that feel normal and boring to me. And I'll try to write things down more often ^_^;;; ( didn't buy a notebook until after I went on trips, so I'll have to use it next time I travel.

Mostly, my weeks consist of being cold, teaching, cross stitching, reading or drawing, driving to classes and teaching some more and eating food.

I will note that the pizza here has this strange need to always have corn on it. I mean, jeez, corn is great, but it's not THAT great. Needless to say, the pizza buns (which are AWESOME) also have corn in them. The Japanese really love corn.

Also, hilarious note, I was at juku last night and some how something sounded like "tin" to them, to which someone yelled "Tintin" and I started drawing him on the board. They all DIED of laughter, it was great.

Going to a party tomorrow night, with other foreigners! It will be so exciting. New friends! ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment