Monday, November 16, 2009

A few things...

So a few things over the last few days (aside from mostly taking Sunday off to draw and watch terrible reality shows and some anime).


At Lawrence, the tornado alarm would go off at noon every Saturday, as a test. We took to calling it "happy noon" and whenever it went off, we would all yell "happy noon!"


Japan sorta has the same thing. In Okazaki, there is a siren that goes off at 9pm for a minute or so, so I whisper to myself "happy 9pm" and Nishio has a little tune and announcement that plays at 5, which, as I've mentioned, Brad and I have yet to decode (it's very echoey), which has become "happy 5pm". Heheh.


One of the kids at Okazaki (it's the oldest class, essentially seniors in High school) is kinda…not the best behaved. But when I was telling them my favorite food was soba, he yelled out "You're not American, you should like HAMBURGERS" which explains OH so much about the stereotypes in hetalia ^_^;;;;


We recently got "4.4" milk, which I'm assuming is 4.4% milk, but I could be wrong. In any case, it is very delicious. YUM!


We went out to okonomiyaki at a local place and *DROOOOOOL* it was AMAZING. And totally awesome to watch them do it (we sat at the big main grill and all). It totally brought back memories of Ranma 1/2 and Ukyo ^_^


Today, I went to a student's house to teach, she lives a little way away, so Brad and Thia took the car (Thia went with me to check that I knew the way) and they went shopping while I was in class. Then when they came back, Brad presented me with some flowers he'd bought while he was out! How shocking! It was so surprised ^_^


I've been feeling a bit drained lately, but I suspect anemia is the culprit, so we had meat for dinner. We'll see if I can actually get out of bed tomorrow morning (unlike this morning). Hopefully, internet at some point soon. We either need alien registration cards to get it, or a phone line. We have access to a phone line, but might need to pay for it. Soooo, we'll see. When we get it, hopefully I'll be able to put pictures up for you all to see! I have some great pictures of the amazing spiders that live in Japan. They're frikkin' giant and have the weirdest shapes and the oddest colors. As long as they stay OUTSIDE, I think we'll get along just fine.


That's it for me!

2 comments:

  1. If the percent on milk is the fat content, and American whole milk has 3.7% fat, then send me some if this delicious fatty Japanese milk.

    ReplyDelete